Gulf Coast

Page 2 of 2

Meaning what?
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/politics/12528269.htm
"Although Bush plans to make his own tour of the storm-ravaged region later this week, the president made an airborne inspection Wednesday as Air Force One flew from Texas to Washington. The presidential aircraft dipped from its cruising altitude of 29,000 feet to a bird's eye view at 2,500 feet over New Orleans and 1,700 feet elsewhere."
Meaning, in the midst of my own political pissing contest in this thread, I glanced at your response and it cracked me up. I had no doubt it was accurate, as all of your posts are 100% dead on the money. I wasn't being facisous ... just honest. Keep up the good work, Tom.
Craig C.

Sorry - I read sarcasm where there wasn't any. Damn text-based medium :)
(And I only happened to know that because I was watching the news at the time, and caught the live shot of the big ol' Boeing doing it's best imitation of an albatross)
I have no doubt that you also know the exact amount to torque the bolt that holds the rudder on place.
That was a little sarcastic. But you can handle it. ;)
Craig C.
"Tom Lawrence" wrote:

it
If it was in a chopper that baby will not do 250. Maybe 200 if it is light and you really push it but that is close to rotor stall speed on that chooper.

Right... but since it was Air Force One, none of that matters...
I'm not sure why the Pentagon didn't obtain permission and send in a fleet of Amphibious assault ships, land on the beaches, conduct an urban warfare drill, and cap it by training soldiers to hand out food and medical supplies.
--
Max

I can understand the taking of food, clothes and other necessities to survive. It's not right but understandable. The looters taking the tv sets, electronics and other stuff just to be stealing should be shot on sight. Aim for center of mass, the hell with just wounding them, hell then you have to take care of them.
Now I'll catch hell for this but... By the interviews that I've heard, the tone of some of the survivors is that they "deserved" this and it was their "right" for that. They want the government to replace all that they have lost. Were all these welfare trash that were left in the city???
Denny

I agree. And it's had to want to send them anything when you don't even see them trying to pick up the trash or anything. Who wants to help if they don't try to help themselves?
beekeep