Help me with detecting transmission leak

I have a 2000 Dodge Ram B1500 van with 60k miles. It leaks transmission fluid only when I am driving it. After parking, I see a couple of spots on the ground.
Once the vehicle colls down, there are no further leaks. I went underneath and it seems to be coming right where the engine meets the transmission.
My questions:
1. Do I need to worry about it ? I keep checking the level and it looks like I need to add a quart every 300 miles or so.
2. Where is it leaking from ? How much will it cost to fix it ?
Thanks in advance.
Its leaking from the front seal, which is between the pump and the torque converter. Its not a "big worry", but it should be taken care of when time and money are available. Read this to say you should plan to have it taken care of before any long trips, and before next winter. The concern is that the seal will only get worse, and eventually allow dirt and water to go IN, while the fluid is not coming out. Also, it will eventually coat the underside of your vehicle, and collect dirt and grime. It will also drip off creating nasty marks in the driveway, if nothing else.
A quart in 300 miles is fairly significant, and that is what causes me to recommend taking care of this soon. The transmission will need to be removed for this work.
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

plus....jest be sure it's not overfull.
~:~ MarshMonster ~:~

Boy, I sure am glad I got a seal of approval!!!
--
Max

Max Dodge wrote:

~:~ mm