no oil

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 14:37:18 GMT, "Budd Cochran"

Even if it's on the exhaust stroke?
beekeep
Come on, Greg. Not you too. <BG>
Read it again. I told him to make sure it was on the compression stroke to start with and even if all he's ever worked on is Chevy's he should know it needs to be on the compression stroke (top Dead Center) when installing a distributor.
-- Budd Cochran
wrote:

out
engine.
one
On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 04:56:34 GMT, "Budd Cochran"

It makes little difference really as all that has to be done is lifting the distributor and bringing up the #1 cylinder again.
Hey do you remember back when we didn't need to worry about oil to the heads? Just had to stop every few miles and squirt a little whale oil on the lifters.
beekeep

it
Actually, all you need to do is find where the rotor points when No. 1 is at TDC on compression then install the plug wires in the correct order and rotation from that point.

Greg, ya'll been lyin' to us. Ya had me thinking you was younger than me, but since I ain't old enough to remember using whale oil, then you must be a lot older'n me.
Budd (feeling like a kid again.)
Does the cam have to be in a certain position to feed oil to the heads?

say
Shut
it
could
adjusters
about
rocker
OP
successful,
could
the
in
would
could
in
and
operation
on
the
on
Is

From what I remeber, yes. the hole in the camshaft has to line up with the hole in the bearing to suirt the oil into the gallery.
Yep. Didn't I mention this? Sorry. The oil is supplied from the main bearings to the cam bearings, thru drilled passages in the cam journals, which have to properly line up, to feed the rockers.
-- Budd Cochran

If
Re-introducing
solve