No Oil Pressure

Help!

I have a 91 nissan PU (KA24E engine)with just under 300,000 km and the front cover had worn through due to a worn out chain guide and water was mixing with the oil. I just repaired the front cover and replaced the timing chain and guides. I also changed the oil and filter but for some reason the oil light is on and there doesn't seem to be any active lubrication on the valve train. At first I forgot to prime the oil pump, but I have since primed it twice and it appears there is still no pressure. I then dropped the oil pan and removed the chunks of old chain guide from the bottom of the pan. The oil strainer also appeared clean.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?? Where do I go from here. I would appreciate any of your thoughts.

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian

did you use new o ring seals or reuse the old ones.

Reply to
NissTech

Maybe I missed something....but which o-rings are you referring to?

Reply to
Brian

First, pull the oil filter and crank the engine over, do you get oil? If not and cranking for a while doesn't produce any oil there, sometimes I've had to put air pressure into the crankcase (compressed air blown into the oil cap sealing it with a rag) while cranking to get oil to get to the pump and prime it. Once you get oil at the filter, reinstall the filter and crank till the light goes out.

Reply to
Steve T