one for snownan

Page 3 of 4

I hear that... We filled a 53' trailer to move here..
The house in the States was only 1,400 sf plus a garage and the house here is 1,600+ sf with the shop, but we went from a 3 bedroom 2 bath with den to a 2 bedroom, 2 bath and great room.. No place to hide shit.. no "hall closets", attic, etc...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

We did a 30 foot with no furniture, with the exception of the wide screen and our bed. The rest was stuff, garage stuff, gun stuff, Sue's cooking stuff(which was a lot), just more stuff.

We went the other way. From a 2,500'+ house with a 28x26 foot garage and a 10x14 shed, to a 1,600' house and a 20x22 foot garage.
It just isn't going to fit!! But Sue is trying. Told her I'd screw around with it for one more day then I'm going to be at the beach. Hell I have the garage cleaned up.<VBG>
Roy

Actually, we couldn't even fit our stuff in the 53' trailer... and we took maybe 4 pieces of furniture.. lol We had to leave the washer & dryer, a couple of cabinets and a bunch of stuff that just wouldn't fit in the semi, the ram or the blazer.. We even sent our neighbor down in the Dakota with a load..
Our tools took a lot of space, though... and cost us an extra $600 duty at the border...

We've already got rid of quite a bit of stuff in the last year... A lot of it was stuff that would have gone to AM Vets or somebody, but we figured that folks down here needed it more.. We gave away 3 old window AC units and you wouldn't believe how much difference they made to peoples lives... especially since 2 were to pregnant ladies that were due during the summer... yuk!
I guess another difference in our moves is we're 120 miles from wally world or home depot, so I wasn't going to leave a single nut, bolt, bracket, etc. in the states..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I hear ya bro! I'm looking all over the place for a electrical lug/connector for the lights on the cart. My kid grabbed mine, figured I wouldn't need them. Sue is shopping about 20 miles away , called her and she will hit WW and grab one of those assortments. It just never ends. But there is no friggin' snow.<G>
Roy

Come on down.. I have what you need..lol
In my old neighborhood in the States, I was the guy they came to see before trying the hardware store... Much more so here.. I never throw anything away until I've got any screws or whatever out of it and sorted 'em..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

rope are common items.
beekeep

Well, I guess if helium can be weightless, then just about anything's possible :)
Tom Lawrence wrote:

Oh come on, Tom. It's been three days now. Question 31... how much does Box B weigh? The test is wrong.

review test button!
beekeep

What review test button? ;^(
Mike

just above your score , there are three icons , one of those .
Denny wrote:

98 here.
--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York
beekeep wrote:

what I was clicking on another I got wrong. Thankfully, since my profession is in RF engineering, I aced the "Electricical" questions. :)) Bryan
I got 92, but the test doesn't identify your errors. Steve

Sure it does, check the buttons at the top right..
btw....are you as old as ole Mike??? <BG>
Denny

Pay no attention to the smartass, Steve!
Mike

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:55:48 -0500, Mike Simmons wrote:

the bunny has found someone to give hell to and is enjoying it since wide ride is usually on the recieving end of things.....
BTW have you got enough people to flip you off yet denny or do you need my little 30HP to get the proper satisfaction??? *cheezy grin*
--
Chris
05 CTD

I kinda in a slow spell here, not one single vote yesterday.....
Denny
63 Steve