OT: Software

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

Thanks Chris.. I'll see what's what. Worst case, I'll have to dual boot my computer and load up my copy of Red Hat.
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 15:27:12 -0700, azwiley1 wrote:

i would suggest one of the Debian based distros im partial to Kubuntu myself im currently running 7.04 and only run wine for one program because the linux native has a broken package in the repo and i havent bothered to compile from source code.
Chris
05 CTD
Then I would suggest using Punch software such as Super Home Suite. You can get it at Staples as well on line and their web site shows what comes in each of their packages, Their software is quite good at rendering this type of thing and it allows you to import pictures to incorporate into the layout so you can photograph your home and then see what it will look like with the deck that you want to build. It does have a strange interface (to me anyway) and has a bit of a learning curve but it can do a good job and will not break the bank (unless you buy their mega version).
"azwiley1" < snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
TBone wrote:

Mega version? Like "Punch! Home Design Architectural Series 4000" including "Ultimate Deck"? Larry, (or anyone else if Larry doesn't want it) if you have MSN/Windows Live messenger and can receive large file transfers, and can burn ISO images to CDs, e-mail me. I have a copy that I'm not using. Yep. Only one copy. I couldn't legally send it out to more than one person. Nope. Not /me/. Damn you software & mattress tag police! ;^)
I'm working nights this weekend but I'll be up before work to check my e-mail about 3:00 PM (eastern) today and tomorrow. I usually check e-mail after work at about 7:15 AM too.
--
Ken
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

I'm mainly just a lurker here in this group and, yes I do have a Dodge P.U., 97 1500 4X4 Sport 360. That said here are some software programs I found to answer your question. There is a whole list of programs for Home and Landscaping and everything that goes with it, plus the cost is cheap; http://www.superhomecenter.com/software/catalog_home_garden_software.htm
Good luck Klumze

Thanks man, I'll check it out over the weekend.
I am surprized no one suggested Google Sketchup. Dirt easy to use and will render in 3D, which makes visualizing the final product all the easeir for your wife to understand. Oh - and the price is right!
http://sketchup.google.com /