OT Sold It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 12
wrote:

You are correct bro. I kf'd bone some time ago, grew tired of scrolling through a thread to find the same bs, so all I was seeing was miles, who imo posts some intersesting stuff most of the time. It is what it is I guess.
Roy

mac davis wrote:

Now thats downright funny! This forum has been a pissing contest room for you and most everyone else for many years. About the same on most male dominated automotive forums! Ya, play the innocent one! lol.

But some grow up and move on......
Denny
Denny wrote:

Hmm...most here have been here for years and it's all the same. Once in awhile some newbies come in and complain about the pissing contests and is called a net nanny. I find it ironic that some will whine about one contest only to start or join another. Ya, it's always others! lol

Check the archives, Miles... I don't think you'll find any thread that was an argument that I was in for long.. I leave shit like that to the experts..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Roy wrote:

Tell ya what Roy. Bash the Reps and Bush all ya want. I may agree with ya on many points and would not take it personal because it wouldn't be....except you made it such.

Okay.

LOL, damn Miles, does everything need to be political bullshit with you? Things ARE bad and it is not just Democrats that see it. My right wing sister sees it as do many of my right wing friends. The price of oil sets new records every week (increasing living costs), housing values continue to fall (reducing net worth), salaries are for the most part stagnant (reduced disposable income). You can keep your head in the sand if you wish as that doesn't change the truth. As for that article, it is nothing more than wishful thinking. I watch CNBC when I can and they tend to do the same thing. If there is the slightest uptick, they make the claim that everything is ok and when it goes down, they come up with some bullshit excuse as to why. They are not doing that so much anymore as there reputation and credibility is coming into question. Even they depend on viewers to make money and when too many think that they are full of shit, dollars slip.

TBone wrote:

See what I mean with you always looking negative? Meanwhile me and most of my conservative friends are happy, doing well and living life to its fullest. Sure we face the same ups and downs, but we have a totally different look towards things....postive and happy, rather than negative doom and gloom.

No, it's called looking at the big bicture. I'm doing ok myself but unlike you, I can see the problems that many others are having and how much worse it can get.

On the backs of others.

Of course you do as you and those like you are the cause of most of the issues that are hurting so many others.

TBone wrote:

The world has problems and ALWAYS will. Those that dwell on the negative will generally be less happy than those that see the good and think positive. You see doom and gloom in everything. Not a good way to make it through the low times. Besides, things aren't anywheres near as bad as you've painted them to be. Most are doing just fine.

Oh of course!! Seems to you we all must be doing bad, dwelling in gloom and doom or if not, then we're being bad and greedy to others. No other way!!

Yep, can't be successful and happy in your doom and gloom world.

And that relates to real estate somehow, I guess..
Oh.. if you think the crash is a myth, I have a house you can take over payment on in California... It only went from $320k to 200k in a year or so, but since it's a myth...
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

I thought you sold that place, Mac. I'm thinking of buying another place, closer to work, now that the home prices are lower and the diesel prices are higher. Mine dropped from 432 to 317, but what the hell, I'm not sellin it anyway.
FMB (North Mexico)

Nope.. We were going to give it back to the bank, but our daughter-in-law wanted it, so we added her to title and she makes the payments..
It was on the market for over 6 months until we got tired of throwing 2k a month at it and gave up.. The only offer we got was for 200k, which is like 20k less than we owe on the damn thing.
OTOH, we did pull enough out of it before things crashed to pay cash for our lots here and having the house built..

You mean adding a place, not selling yours, right? Good time to do it, if you can swing it..

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Well then, out from under one and the other is paid for. Well done, Mac.

Yeah, I'll give it a try. WTF
FMB (North Mexico)
mac davis wrote:

Thats an entirely different matter. The housing market ballooned and was WAY over inflated for a few short years. It went through a correction. It has little to do with economic issues. Your 320K house was probably a under 200K just 3-5 years ago. Thats the way it is here in Phoenix. Current prices are just above what they were 3-5 years ago. California is a tad different with massively over inflated prices for many years. People finally cashed out, moved to cheaper states such as AZ and drove the prices up there. No way could it sustain itself. A correction was well predicted.

Once again Miles, you don't seem to see the big picture. The housing bubble and its aftermath is the reason for our current bad economy which is every bit as bad as the news suggests for the majority of people, especially combined with the current commodities bubble driving up the price of just about everything while wages for many are stagnent.

The fact is, the economy is doing fine. Down a bit, but not terrible at all. The real killer is the fuel prices, not the housing market. And yep, thats all tied back to the housing market. But the economy and the stock market haven't crashed, just the housing market.
Don't believe everything you read in the papers.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own

Nope. Even the job market is doing fairly well. Its hovering around 5% unemployment, and thats good. Everyone got used to an economy that was growing as fast as we've ever seen, and forgot the fact that it was above normal.
Check here, and you'll find the unemployment rate is slightly higher than "normal", but right in line with the "normal" cyclical nature over several years. Look at 1982, and 1983, and you'll see why I'm saying the job less rate right now is nothing to worry about.
http://www.econstats.com/BLS/blsnaa4.htm