OT Sold It!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 12  
TBone wrote:


That is true. Arizona is leading the country in fighting illegal immigrants...sort of. Sheriff Arapio is enforcing the law and prosecuting illegals. However, Phoenix's Mayor has told the cities police not to. Our Gov. has generally supported illegals but did sign a law punishing businesses that hire them. Other branches have failed to enforce that law. So ya, AZ is way ahead of most states but its a political battle here yet.
The latest battle is with hospitals having to foot the bill treating illegals. The Gov. are not reimbursing them as they are supposed to. There are now bills in progress that restrict when care must be given and when they can turn illegals away.
Whats known as parking lot citizens are a big issue...pregnant illegals sitting in hospital parking lots. When they go into labor they run into the emergency room for free care and the baby becomes a citizen and thus the parents are often allowed to stay and collect social services on the babies behalf.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That would make sense except for one small issue and that would be, where did all of these people come from to begin with? I really don't think that the construction worker fairy just dropped them all off there and then simply abandoned them. It is more like these workers came from other fields where they either lost their jobs or were not making enough money to survive.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

They came from the wherever their last job was. Most likely in construction. Thats the construction biz. It goes up and down from town to town and the field workers move with it. They go to the town thats got the building going on at the time.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Once again, what you say makes no sense. If what you say is true, then there could never be a building boom as there would never be enough workers. If the field workers "move with it" as you say, why are they standing on the street looking for work? Why didn't they just move to the next area like you claim that they do?
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

well miles has no special rights to that claim. neither one of you two make a bit of sense. if you two enjoy this sophomoric crap, you are idiots.......as in truly brainless. if you actually think that you are having an argument that is, by any definition, intelligent, then you are both idiots.......as in morons.
that's all im sayin.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote: \

Most cities do not sustain building booms. Construction workers move around the country following the work. However, what you say is true. In a booming city such as Phoenix in most years finding enough framers, drywallers, etc. can be very difficult. Most construction sites always have huge signs advertising for such.

I don't see such workers on the street corners. I've been all over the country and have not seen anyone on a street corner looking for construction work. Your area must be unique.
No city has a sustained amount of construction with a steady number of workers. Not gonna happen. It varies up and down.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yea, because they are looking for cheap labor.

Nice try Miles but I'm not the one who made that claim, that would be Roy but even here I have seen it. You OTOH, see only what you want to see.

Really??? According to you, your city has been at a steady 20% for years.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

I gave the exact years for that 20% figure because you claimed Phoenix isn't the place where so many would want to live. The last few years it's growth has slowed, yet is still positive while most of the country is seeing a negative growth rate.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I understand that it may be that way where you are. But the figures for the country aren't bad. Plus, the specific jobs you mention are in the one market that is down.
Its not 1980's bad just yet.
And what are you looking for in a pawn shop?
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Roy wrote:

My company is in the heavy industrial manufacturing. We're having a record breaking great year. Our industry has far reaching effects into other industries as well.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Oh Miles, your just so....perfect in all you say and do.<G>
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Roy wrote:

Nah, just don't buy the media and politicians BS about the economy.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Please list the heavy industries that your company deals with.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Aerospace (Boeing, Airbus etc.), Oil exploration of domestic oil (no, not to the big oil companies themselves), Automotive (TRW, Bendix, All US automakers etc.), Material Testing and many more.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
too warm. I prefer the low temps of the Chesapeake, at least until mid July. Then it goes up.
--
Max

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, he is not entitled to his own
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

The water temp at the beaches here (Sea of Cortez) are in the low 70's now.. in August, they hit the low and mid 90's.. No fun at all, unless there's a breeze..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I suppose if you like it cool you could go where the friggin'rabbit vacations. Old Orchard Beach in ME. If that water breaks 60 in August I'd be surprised.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

That 5% is a bullshit number. It is based on the amount of people looking for employment that are on unemployment insurance. The problem is that the assumptions that create the figure of the number of people looking for work are no longer valid. The unemployment number also makes the assumption tha when a person loses a position and finds another one that they will be at a similar position at least on the pay scale level and even that assumption is complete crap in todays world.

You are making the assumption that this number is even close to accurate and it isn't.
--
If at first you don't succeed, you're not cut out for skydiving



Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
TBone wrote:

Wrong TBone. Once again you've fallen for myths you've been told devoid of facts. By far the number is derived mostly from labor force sample surveys because they are far more accurate than unemployment insurance figures or employment office stats. Unemployment claims rank pretty low in figuring unemployment. Why? Because in order to compute unemployment you also have to figure the total work force. Unemployment claims do not do that. Look it up before repeating a very well worn out myth.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.