Rain Repel - For Extreme Weather

Page 4 of 4
* wrote:

Stick around, you ain't seen nothing yet......
I've been using it on both my vehicles since spring of 2005 and kick myself for not using it sooner. This stuff works great!

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below ----------------------------------------------------- http://users.eastlink.ca/~mikemcneil/index.htm
I've tried it several times and always got a kinda of "foggy" trail behind the wiper blades if I had to use them ( 30 mph doesn't blow the water off like 140 does) or they just plain smear and don't wipe well. Yes, I followed the instructions on the bottle, instead of waiting like you did.
And it hard to remove once it's on.
Budd (sticking to good old synthetic rubber windsheild wipers)
Denny wrote:

Denny wrote: > I've used Rain-x for years and I think the stuff is great. Put it on when

I agree...... if put on as per instruction the stuff is great. Eliminates even having to use the wipers half the time .
Jerry
I agree 100%. Although I got lazy and started to use the Rain-X windshield wiper fluid and don't have to do the application any longer. Only downside is rain will not bead up quite the same as the direct application. When I'm not lazy, I actually do both as the wiper fluid helps maintain the direct application longer.
Laszlo Almasi

I had a '95 Chevy van for a work truck a few years ago. The wipers on it were worthless at highway speeds. The wind would actually lift the wiper right off the windshield. I drove out to a customer one evening, fifty miles, in heavy rain. I could hardly see the wipers were so poor. Before the trip back I stopped and applied RainX to the windshield. On the way back, in similar rain I did not even use the wipers! The water would bead up and fly right up and off the windshield. I do not use RainX all the time, but it sure worked well with the crappy wipers on that Chevy van, Greg
You ought to check into the the PIAA Super Sporza wiper replacement for wipers that lift off the surface of the glass. I use them on my 2001 Ram since the OEM blades would lift as well at highway speeds. These wipers are awesome.
http://www.piaa.com/WiperBlades/sporza.html
Laszlo Almasi

It is no longer a problem as the job and the truck is gone. The company had 14 of those vans on the road and between all the drivers I think we tried everything. RainX was the final conclusion, and screw the wipers as you did not need them with RainX. Greg
I agree...but there are times when that big ole nasty spot of bug guts needs to be cleaned off as you are driving down the road at highway speeds. The link is ro anyone that is tired of their blades lifting off....trust me, they work superb for any vehicle. Try them once and you'll wonder why the OEMs don't have these, or something similar, as original equipment.
Laszlo Almasi

My '99 Z71 had OEM blades with spoilers.....which I stupidly threw away when I put on a new set of Anco's. May have to check out those PIAA's.
Dave

I hear ya. I haven't really run into enough snow yet to have them be a problem....but they work very well for rain. Hopefully, I'll find out how they perform with snow. Praying for another 2 footer here this winter. :^)
Laszlo Almasi

Please let me know what happens in the snow. We have had 2 plowable storms so far.
Roy
A two footer, hell, we were paralyzed by a three incher here last time, LOL!
"Carolina Watercraft Works" < snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
heck it dont take 3" of white stuff in GA to get em tearin crap up.

other
LOL....ur right about that....just iamgine how 2 feet works us over. Excellent time though for us that manage snow though.
Laszlo Almasi
I just hope we get a valid warning the next time instead of the (it will stop any time now) crap we got during that three incher or people will die of starvation around here waiting for the roads to be cleaned. I do find it funny watching heavy construction equipment (graders, loaders, and dozers) out on the roads trying to do the job of snow plows.

"Carolina Watercraft Works" < snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
Tell me about it. It's also been somewhat hilarious that for some time, customers were willing to pay drivers with Bobcats and other loaders more than a driver with a plow. Now they are starting to realize a plow can perform a better job in much less time so the end cost is less. Plus, can't tell you how many trailers I've seen jackknifed with a loader on it trying to get to another site.
Laszlo Almasi

I use winter wipers all year long. Works for me.
Roy