Rear view mirror on 1996 B2500 Conversion Van

Hello All,

I have been beating my head over this one.

I have the above listed van, it is a starcraft conversion. It has a rear view mirror with a compass and temperature indicator above it. Below it there are two lights, on the sides of the mirror are push buttons to turn them on while inside. When you open the doors these two lights come on. When you close the door they go off. They use to stay off. Now they go off and some times com right back on. If I play with any of the door push buttons, it turns off fine. When I close the door they go off and sometimes come right back on.

I read the manual for the conversion and it says that you can over ride the interior entry lights by turning the light knob fully clockwise until it clicks. Nope, does nothing for that light. The book also shows an ignition light delay relay, took that out, nope no help. The book talks about pulling the conversion control fuse to keep the battery from getting drained, uh nope, does nothing for that light. Beyond that, I have pulled all the fuses I can find but I can not find the one that controls that light. There are fuses in the glove box, under the hood and circuit breakers under the dash on the driver's side.

Short of taking the light bulbs out of this dang thing, does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you, Frederick Wilson

Reply to
fawilson
8> two lights come on. When you close the door they go off. They use to

Try temporarily taping each pin switch closed one at a time until you find the one that's causing the lights to come back on. When you find out which one it is, try adjusting it out a bit. If you can't adjust it out any further you may need to replace the switch.

Reply to
Nosey

Ken,

This is a great idea but all of the switches turn off the light initially. But after a few moments or a little while, they come on for no reason. I can open and close any of the doors and the light goes out. But then, bammo, back on.

Uggghhh

Reply to
fawilson

Are these mirror lights the /only/ interior lights that come on when you open the doors?

Reply to
Nosey