Somewhat OT: Bad karma and social problems

Page 1 of 7
Grrr...
Recently the hubby backed my truck up into a landcruiser, taking out the tailight and leaving a nice big dent back there.
Thursday, I picked up the truck from the body shop, all fixed.
Today (Saturday) we're trying to get out of a parking spot downtown, noticed a running fight between Aboriginals. A fairly heavyset woman is screaming and threatening a one-legged man on crutches, who is trying to run away. Another man, probably her SO, is trying to stop her. The woman and her SO look to be indigenous (I haven't room here to go into the social problems of the Australian Aboriginals), but the guy on crutches looks to be a working citizen. Hardly a fair fight, the guy on crutches was trying to run away. At one point he looks at us and makes the universal "phone" sign, but I don't know the number to call the cops (I only know the emergency #, she hadn't actually touched him yet), and shrug - but note to myself the police station is just around the corner.
Well, before we can get out of the spot, the fight reaches the truck, and in an attempt to get the woman away from the guy in crutches, he throws her up against my truck. After a minute or two the fight moves far enough away for us to make our escape.
We stop at the police station, and I go in to report the problem - they knew this particular one-legged guy (actually, there's a lot of one-legged Aboriginals in town, I have no idea why). Hubby comes running in, to tell me they DENTED MY TRUCK.
ARGH! Long dent, nearly two feet long, in the 'club cab' panel. Cop tells me there's nothing to be done - since they weren't specifically targeting my vehicle, it's not a criminal matter, it's an "accident". Phooey. For a few moments, all I wanted to do was go back with a baseball bat, and give that fat woman (who was causing the whole problem) what for, and giving her SO a whack for throwing her against my truck. I didn't, of course! We just drove home.
Anyway, the story has sort of a happy ending. We get the truck home, and popped the dent mostly out by using a couple of suction cups. Now it's more just a little blivet.
BTW, hubby was in the drivers' seat again. Poor guy, he's been having really bad karma where my truck's concerned (and no, I'm not blaming him for this!).
Ok. I just needed to vent. Maybe I should just cover the truck with bubble wrap, and ride the bicycle instead...
jmc

Oz has not been kind to the Dak...
Mike
Suddenly, without warning, Mike Simmons exclaimed (29-Oct-06 10:56 AM):

No, it has not. I've had more problems in the 4 months we've been here, than the previous three in England. I'm looking for the bubble wrap now :)
jmc
OPINION:
I can't help with the truck, but for explanation of the Aboriginal situation, their status is akin to that of the Native American ( Amerind) in that they've been mistreated over-run, subjugated, to the point of losing their collective sense of worth by the invaders of their homeland, the white man.
Living in the Southwest US, I meet many Native Americans and have met, over the years, a few Aboriginals that escaped the oppression. In both peoples they just want to live their lives in peace and harmony with their neighbors, as equals.
Interestingly, the liberals of both nations and Britain tend to overlook the rights of the native peoples.
--
Budd Cochran, voter

Vote or you'll be certain to get the government you don't want.
Suddenly, without warning, Budd Cochran exclaimed (29-Oct-06 10:43 PM):

Actually, it's a good bit more complicated than that. The law supports Aboriginals - over-supports them often, due to Legal Aid - but certainly the history of what white Australians did to the Aboriginal is worse than what happened in the US. But many of individual's woes they brought on themselves - Plenty of Aboriginals have managed to stay out of the bottle and make good lives for themselves. But, as with the American Indian, too many have decided to hide in a bottle and live off the gov't, rather than take the harder road of overcoming history and becoming something more.
Oppression here is more on an individual rather than a gov't basis. Many Aboriginals have given up and are alcoholics, violent, thieves, beggars or all four, living in town and causing problems. Due to their culture, which scorns buildings - they much prefer to be outside - those individuals' problems are much more on display than any other culture. One has to work very hard to stay open-minded, and many white Australians in this town don't seem to be up to that challenge.
jmc

No, it's just the the "superior" species of man throwing its weight around.

When you destroy a group's collective soul, don't be surprised if it "hides in a bottle". Tell a man he's worthless enough times and he'll become worthless. The same is true of the Amerinds and the Abos as groups.

A few years ago, I had a chance to speak with a lady of standing in a nearby Dine' (Navajo) tribe and a Moab resident. I asked the one question that had never been asked of her people: "If the Whites had gone to the tribal council and asked to live in peace, share the land, and agree to work out differences without war, what would have happened?"
She looked me in the eye and said that most likely, if this had been done with all the Indian Nations then we would still be living side by side and in peace.
She and I discussed the drinking problem and we agreed it was because the American Indian is, in many ways, still a second class citizen, still under government subjugation. And they need to be taught to live without subsidy, taught they are of worth and the reservations need to be disbanded.
This lady was one of the thousands of Native American kids in the 50's that had been torn from their parents arms and fostered among the Whites, an attempt to force white ways upon the Indians. Since she has learned her people's traditions, laws and helped restore their original language and often works as the Dine' / White liaison in the local hospital.
I'm currently helping her youngest son get a Ramcharger 4X4 running again by teaching him things about auto mechanics no longer taught in school. He was sold an engine that had been converted point type ignition and he knew nothing about how they worked. The vehicle had been his dad's before he died from cancer. It's an honor to be asked help someone's son become a man.
Budd

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:19:58 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:

oh yes, that question has never been asked before budd. the fact that it is discussed in so many history books aside, good job man.

well, thast it then. i mean if she and you said it, it must be. crud, we really messed up this one.

just another example of keeping the man down baby.

do you remember what was the leading "cause" or "movement" behind that action budd? i do. read up on it. you will find it very interesting.

very liberal of you.

Boy, do I feel a big chuckle on the way.
I have no doubt that you would find it funny, Roy. It's just the way you are, unfortunately.
--
Budd Cochran

well...........after reading ahead, looks like you weren't dissapointed.
at the same time, this "keepin the mad down" campaign is actually much easier on the eyes than the martyr one. i just wonder what crusade he will take up next? any bets?
Keeping "the mad down" (whatever the heck that means) is easy when you stuff the ones that start the arguments in a kill file, don't you agree?
Open one menu, click one box and no more argument . . . . .
--
Budd Cochran

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:22:20 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:

you are right. it was meant to be "man", not "mad", which i think you knew, but sorry for the mistake.
while were talking again, why is it so important to you that i killfile you? you seem to beg me to do that an awful lot. does it just play well in your martyr syndrome or is it a face saving way of not having to argue with me any more?
either way, i have no intent of putting you in a killfile. i mean........why would i do that?

The question is not if you should killfile me but I should killfile you
again.
Bye.
--
Budd Cochran

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:24:55 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:

ok, as if i give a shit. but i gotta say, not very christian of you budd.

Have you ever studied Amerind history, or just the written-to-justify-the-action white history? Try "bury My Heart At Wounded Knee" for starters.

Well, it's apparent you wouldn't say it as your attitude right now is that you are very superior to me and possibly the Amerinds.

Something you advocate? Like in, "Keep the Christians down, baby"? How many murders does it take to be a murderer? How many bigotries to be a bigot?

Yep, to force the Amerinds into American WHITE society, regardless of what your WHITE books say.
Try talking to someone that is a child / grandchild of a Trail of Tears survivor, or one that survived those "fosterings" ( I know 4 personally, 2 men and 2 women) and their stories and experiences are close enought to reveal the truth.

No, just being a normal Fundamental Christian.
--
Budd Cochran

Budd Cochran wrote:

http://homepage.mac.com/mcraigchr/budd.htm
Craig C.
--
Facts [fakts] -noun: The pesky things that get in the way of religious
doctrine.

Ah, you support Christian bashing, no surprise. . . . .
--
Budd Cochran

Budd Cochran wrote:

Roy ... per your request: