Somewhat OT: Bad karma and social problems

Page 2 of 7
wrote:

better!
Ah, now that is truly an expert way of showing your bigotry.
The stupid part is you think you are just so darn smart.
And to think you think _I'm_ deluded . . . .
--
Budd Cochran

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:27:44 -0700, "Budd Cochran" <mr-d150@preciscom SPAM.net> wrote:

no, my impression is that he thinks you are nuts.

Jesus told me to do it.

I am smart. Both academically and street-wise. I could post my accomplishments for you ... but then I'd be accused of racism, polymorphism or some other "ism"/"otry" that you dream up.

I don't just think it. You leave absolutely nothing to the imagination, Budd.
Craig C.

Nicely done<G>
ROFLMFAO
Roy

How sad you are.
Bye, again.
--
Budd Cochran

You owe me a new key board.
beekeep

Now, just where did that cartoon bash christians?
I saw a cool sig at another group. Sorta like this. "When relgion ruled the world they called it the dark ages" don't know (or care) if it is factual but found it a bit interesting.

I am kind of curious about the degradation of threads recently. It seems that Christian bashing has become somewhat of a sport lately in the group. I for one am an unashamed Christian, perhaps not as vocal as Budd, but a Christian nonetheless.
What useful purpose are we accomplishing when we bait those of faith? Just because you are unfaithed, does not give you a license to criticize those who are of faith. Conversely, we Christians should not be overzealous in our evangelism towards the unfaithful. The cup is there for those who wish to partake.
I would just recommend that we all conduct ourselves as gentlemen and women regardless of our religious persuasion.
Mike

it.
Then perhaps you should speak to budd. He accuses everybody of christian bashing constantly. I don't see it. I see budd being slapped for some of his bs, he turns it to christian bashing, I really don't see it as christian bashing.

Christian bashing is anything anybody say's to budd. He has been accusing me of christian bashing I think because I found the cartoon mildly funny.

You have absolutley no idea what faith I am. Budd is a friggin idiot, because he claims to be a christian matter's not to me he is still a friggin' idiot. Hell Mike he's been baiting all his post's, a person is a bigot, or a liberal, or a hypocrite or whatever. He bait's for a reason, he want's attention, sometimes he get's it. Some of the time I find his foolishness a bit funny. If you want to label that as c-bashing have at it.

Google and take a look at our childs post's on other groups.

You recomendation is noted.
Roy

And you deny the hateful comments you've made regarding my beliefs?
Mike is right, but you and those like you that choose to bash me for my beliefs and, consequently, bash my beliefs in the process are too thick headed, too bigoted, and too intolerant to ever realize what you're doing.
No, we don't know your religious beliefs, but as Jesus said, "By their fruits (That is what you demonstrate to the public with your actions, words and lifestyle), you will know them." and all that you say I've called you is, according to that Scripture, only what the "fruit" you, T-bone, theguy, Craig and others bear in this forum, and that is showing what you think of me as a Christian that lives as he believes he should.
It sure is some rotten fruit you're bearing, Roy, and the trees that bear it will be cut down, according to the Bible, at the end of the Harvest.
And that's not my word, that what the Word of God says about it. Take your argument up with Him, cause I'm not going to see your posts anymore.
--
Budd Cochran

Budd Cochran wrote:

Do you deny the hateful unwanted comments you've made to almost everyone here? Do you deny judging people for their beliefs that differ from your own?

Not at all, Mike. We're reacting. We have tried to be civil, asking Budd to "calm down" all the way up to "shut the fuck up". Now, it is just plain funny to watch him go in circles.
I, for one, wish we talked about trucks more. In fact, I'd be happy to the point of a little pink thing popping out if we didn't discuss religion or politics ... EVER again.

Happy for you and wish you the very best. And I will continue to do so ... until you try to cram it down my throat. Then I'm going to give you dose of your own medicine ... just like Budd is getting.
It's not a threat, it's a reaction.

Might I suggest that you take a moment and search the archives? You'll find numerous un-christian accusations by Budd. He can't act like a Nazi and expect people to just take it.
I, at one point, had put him in my killfile. Which doesn't work so well. Granted, I don't get his posts, but I get all the posts that people are responding to.

Precisely. Your view is appreciated. Really.

Sounds good Mike. We have all tried to put up with Budd and now he is getting what he deserves. When he stops ... everyone else will too.
Craig C.
well said mike, my problem with the whole religious bickering and the reason I care not to read these threads that turn into this is, it does no one any good. lets remember the tolerance that Christ teaches of each other.
here food for thought also.
[Titus 3:9] But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him.
[2 Timothy 2:14] Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
[2 Timothy 2:23] Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
Now, I'm done. May the Lord be with you in your walk.
--
----------------------------
-Chris

I'm still trying to figure out how Bud got "Christian bashing" out of that post.
But I'm with you in this. I think insulting one's religion, belief system, or lack thereof is pointless, since I doubt very many people have switched religions due to some argument - or even reasoned conversation - they had on Usenet. Or anywhere else, for that matter :)
jmc

Me too!

Somebody, please point out where a person's belief's were insulted.

that really is the point. but it gets lost in the constant whining from budd. you can't say anything about budd, you can not even take issue with a single word that he writes, that he doesn't cry religious intolerance. the only one to ever bring religion into the discussion is budd. in that perspective, mike may have a point. like we have all said, mike's best point in what he wrote is for budd to leave religion out of his posts. like roy, and many others, i have said and will say again, i don't care what religion or sex or color or lifestyle anyone choses or is. i judge people on their quality, nothing else. it is on that that this ng has judged budd, and nothing else. i am surprised that mike, who i deem to be a pretty good guy, got caught up in budd's rhetoric, which is just a hair short of complete insanity.

I just spent some time going over some threads of the past month or so. I'd invite anybody to take a look at them and point out a instance of c- bashing. I can certainly point out where budd has accused people of bigotry, censeorship, c-bashing, you name he accuses's people of it. What I find odd is that nobody voices any complaint about the degredation of the post's then. Take a look at the thread entitled "He's baaaaack!" of 9/8/06.

You missed the crux of my post entirely. I was not defending Budd... he's a big guy and can defend himself. Nor did I get caught up in his rhetoric. I merely made an observation that it seemed that some in the NG were using Christian bashing as a form of sport. I merely asked that as a group we consider others beliefs and feelings before we make this a routine practice.
That's all I'm gonna say about that....
now, let get on to more interesting stuff like torque wrenches or K$N filters or sumpin'...
Mike