Somewhat OT: Bad karma and social problems

Page 7 of 7

Show a "law" that subjugates? How about the fact the US government still advocates, by law, the continuance of the reservations, the financial subsidy of the Amerinds, and the lack of educational facilities, both scholastic and technical readily available to them as compared to whites.
"Give them a fish and they eat today, teach to fish and they eat everday", to paraphrase the Chinese proverb.

"If THEY are willing to work at it . . ." Why does the subjugated always have to "work" at getting along with the opressors????

No, I support true equality, everyone living together in harmony, respecting one another for who they are, what they believe and how they live. IMHO, reverse discrimination is setting quotas for hiring the unqualified over the qualified, regardless of ethnic divisions ( I believe in "One Blood, One Human Race"). No one should not be punished for a crime in any society because of ethnicity.

You think you're alone in that? I was a Polio Survivor (1952 Epidemic) that was constantly reminded that because of the Polio: I should not have survived, would have been better off if I hadn't survived, would never amount to anything, have any strength, endurance or learn to ride a bike, rollerskate, or play sports, and that was just the doctors.
Add to that the fact that what some are saying about me in this group is complimentary compared to what some FAMILY members have said when I was a child, stir with being raised by bigots and bake in a ghetto.
I grew up to be the strongest person, physically and emotionally, and now I believe I'm strong spiritually.
Not everyone can pick themselves up like you and I. Not everyone can resist the presuure to dive in a bottle because of how another ethnic group treats you.
And dening those facts is an insult to those trapped and dying. My source: I was trained as a Race Relations Non-Commisioned Offcer (Sergeant) in the military.

My apologies to them. Funny how much it is used by Aboriginals in the Austrailian movies . . .you don't hear the other word in American movies so much these days, at least not in movies I watch.

I agree, partially, but you just implied her ancestrial traditions and histories are lies.

ALL the Treaties were broken by Whites, contrary to Hollywood.
As for Human Nature, while the Amerinds did have some wars, most, until the whiteman, were settled by taking "coup". Less bloodshed that way and far more civilized than the white method of war.

Are they being given it? Or are they being given back what was theirs to begin with?

They're learning the white man's ways after all.

True, but it is, and not trying to insult the Aboriginals, a very "white" attitude... isn't that what they wanted the Aboriginals to become? Dark skinned "Whites"???

It should be 100% "owned" and 100% shared with other ethnic groups.

And a bigotry of any kind, for any reason, is wrong, but like in Orwell's "1984", you always have some that will consider themselves better than others.

It's sad when a group either has to give up it's children or has them ripped away because of the society. It's worse that the dominant group will be able to object to it happening to themselves but encourage it among the subordinate groups.

I simply said it was an honor, I did not say it was so because of his etnicity. Don't add to what I say and you will understand it better.

And you are wrong about my reasoning, but I doubt you believe that, and it limits your understanding.
Ok, since you taken this tack, then the conversation is over. There was no need to be insulting towards me. If your wondering, like Roy and others, how I could be insulted by something said in this forum, it's as it's been said in this and other groups, "insults are in the ears of the hearer". What could be "funny" to one is an insult to another. Comparing me to your dad was an insult to me.
--
Budd Cochran

Doubtful people are wondering. It is easy, when you feel like going on a rant or when sombody disagrees with you you scream INSULT or BIGOT in a failed attempt to lend credence to your position or to excuse your actions. You have done it many times. Nobody wonder's anymore.
<it's as it's been said

And that is what make's people different. It is called life, why don't ya get one.
Suddenly, without warning, Budd Cochran exclaimed (31-Oct-06 11:56 PM):

So it's over, not because I was being insulting, but because you are. I was simply saying what I believe to be true, based on what I read. I did not think it was funny, not in the least, but since you included helping the kid with his car in this particular thread, the clear indication was what I said.
I'm just going to agree to disagree with you. Anyway, everyone else, have fun. I'm outta here (this thread, not this ng).
jmc

Don't fret about it. You have just been subject to the new world order by Budd.

Another one ducks the responsibility of admitting he posted what could be taken as an insult.
--
Budd Cochran

http://homepage.mac.com/mcraigchr/budd2.htm
Craig C.

I have a life, a Christian Life, an Eternal Life, and a Savior, and forgiveness for my sins, but, Roy, the problem is you want me to give up Heaven for your Hell.
And it ain't gonna happen.-- Budd Cochran
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." (John Adams)

See that's where you have it screwed up. Because I don't live my life the way YOU think I should I'm in hell. In my never ending pursuit of what the heck is up with you let me ask you a question. Did you ever have a drinking problem you sought help for? AA or an organization like that?
Oh, I told ya you couldn't help yourself and would continue to read.