The front seat on my 2001 Galant is shifted back on the right side.

I don't know if something broke or came loose but the front seat is shifted back on the right side, any suggestions how to repair or troubleshoot this problem.
Is a bit uncomfortable not having a flat seat supporting your back.
On 11/25/2012 07:08 PM, George2001 wrote:

"srs light stayed on continuously while car was in motion. the dealer replaced the seat backs, since they claimed that the side air bags were the problem"
<http://www.mitsubishisucks.com/cars/complaints/data/74/742791.html
Could be related. You don't want an airbag to deploy while you're driving.