Turning rotors and front pads

Page 2 of 2
You sure you don't want to revise your numbers?

I am in Seabrook,NH 1 mile north of the Massachusetts state line 2 miles in from the Atlantic Ocean. The dealer is Foss Motors in Exeter,NH,where I bought it.
You sure you don't want to revise your numbers?

You sure you don't want to revise your numbers?

Having to replace them after only 30K wouldn't say much about it being a quality product would it?
beekeep

Actually, it depends on how/where it is driven. I have seen the same vehicle driven for 80K miles with the OEM brakes and rotors before there is a need for replacement. Others have only gone 25K. Assuming the brakes and rotors are consistent from vehicle to vehicle, that leaves on one variable.... the driver! Don't forget the driver!
;^)
Mike

The only problem with that theory is that after I replaced them (pads) with aftermarket at 26,000, I drove another 70,000 with no problem and while I admit that I tend to drive it more like a car than a truck, my driving style did not change after replacing the factory set and yet, 3 times the mileage. It seems that once again, Dodge sacrifices quality or endurance for a few extra dollars profit.

"Mike Simmons" < snipped-for-privacy@yhti.net> wrote in message

It would seem that DC is trying to improve things. Before I bought the SRT, I checked for recalls and took a look at what was out for TSB's. One caught my attention: #05-006-06. It say's if the rotors show premature grooving or scoring replace the rotors with slotted rotors. No turning or attempt to turn, just r&r them. Oddly enough they don't replace the pads, so it would seem to me that is this case they have determind that pads aren't the issue. Some cars have had this done beyond 12K miles. This TSB is SRT specific.
I thought it odd that nowhere in the owners manual does it talk about bedding the pads. I did bed mine and at 3K, no grooves. going to keep a eye out for it though.
Maybe I've been fortunate but the DC cars/trucks I've owned have had few problems, none that haven't been resolved. My dealers service department has been fantastic, they think outside the box and will try unorthodox stuff to resolve a problem. Like the vibration resolution in the 04 cummins. I'm surprised that isn't a tsb.
Roy

4 wheels on the front?
beekeep
You sure you don't want to revise your numbers?

Oh, he's only doing the front? Oops, sorry...............

They might go bad that fast but its really how you drive, and as for the dealership everyone of them will always ask for more. You could try and find a private shop ask what they will do it for, it should be less at a private shop. They might even put on the stuff you buy that way its even less, but thats just my 2 cents of it
"Hp" wrote: > Can anyone tell me what a fair amount would be to turn the > front rotors and > install new pads on the front of an 04 Dodge ram 1500 4x4 with > hemi? The > stealership wants $350.00 to do mine with 30,000 original > miles and original > pads on truck. Should they wear out this quick? It seems like > alot to me > but I'm not in the business. Thanks Howard.