Unfriggin'believeable

Page 3 of 3
i have no trouble parking my truck

--
-Chris
05 CTD
It is not a matter of driving skill, it is a matter physical size and it not fitting. My truck just fits into my garage length wise and it is a standard cab long bed. A crew cab long bed would not fit and a mega-cab long bed would be almost two feet longer than that. I can see how much farther my truck sticks out in a parking space than many of the cars around it and my buddies crew cabs stick out even farther. This mega-cab would stick out another two feet beyond the length of a crew cab long bed and would probably get it's nose or tail clipped by other vehicles unless you parked it out in the boondocks taking up two spaces and the turning radius would probably suck as well. Then you could add to that the possible negative public opinion of such a huge unnecessary vehicle when we are already in trouble with our current fuel consumption that could kill sales and their investment in this new model which may happen anyway.

"Christopher Thompson" < snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net> wrote in message

<G> Neither of the USA's Big Two are in so much trouble that they arebeing forced into Chapter 11 . . . yet! . . . despite the fact that one of GM's big pushes this year will be for it's big SUV's.
And I already park out in BF at the malls and shopping centers where I can take up two spaces so the front end doesn't stick out. Only tough place is the parking garage at the Navy hospital where they don't have head to head parking slots ;-(
Greg

And I just found this:
"At least Ford Motor Co. did in determining how best to introduce the redesigned 2007 Ford Expedition SUV and the new supersize Ford Expedition EL, which will hit showrooms this fall."
You can see Ford's spin here:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060129/AUTO01/601290341/1149/rss26
Greg

They can spin it all they want, the massive upcoming layoffs and plant closures say all that needs to be said.

LOL, are you so sure of that? Ford is letting go between 30, 000 and 40,000 employees and closing 13 to 14 plants. Not exactly the picture of health. GM OTOH, is thinking about eliminating or significantly reducing its dividend and has sold a significant amount of GMAC (perhaps to force a bankruptcy), again not exactly the picture of health. Both have lost considerable market share and are continuing to do so.

And if they came out with the mega-cab long bed, you would not be able to park it there at all.

Wow,
That really surprises me too. Thank you Roy for posting this. I was close to purchasing a Mega Cab, but after finding your post, I doubt I will. I just naturally assumed, an HD truck would accomodate a plow. I am going to have to start pricing out the Quad Cab 2500 CTD instead. I am amazed that Dodge would have made an oversight such as this. It's too bad, the Mega Cab would have been perfect for me.
Would you by any chance know whether it is the suspension or the axle assembly itself not being up to par?
I'm glad I discovered this newsgroup, lots of knowledgeable people with great info to share.
Cheers,
Mike C
I still don't understand why someone would want to put a plow on such a vehicle?
"MikeC" < snipped-for-privacy@there.com> wrote in message

A 4X4 with 160" wheelbase and a plow. What is to understand??

Because IIRC, that is the same wheelbase as the quad cab LB. You also made a very valid point that vehicles with plows can get the hell beat out of them and don't tend to last as long so why would you put such a device on DC's most expensive luxury targeted truck when the quad cab gives you the same wheelbase and passenger carrying capability for considerably less money. 1500 series trucks also come as 4X4's but I doubt that you would recommend them for preferred use as snow plows.

Dual use. A one ton 4X4 tuck should be able to plow if so desired, and that seem to be the case. There is not much more luxury offered in the MC than in the QC. Only a longer cab. People plow with the top of the line trucks made by Ford and Chevy and with DC top line with the excetion of the MCCTD.

You are correct.
Roy

"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

Lucifer just put on his ear muffs.... :)
Do the words BITE ME have any meaning to you :-)
"Tom Lawrence" < snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net> wrote in message

I guess it's understanding beating the living hell out of such an expensive vehicle when much less costly ones can do the same job and do it as well if not better as there is less crap to break. When I look at that truck, I see rear reclining leather seats, multiple stereo systems, probably multiple climate controls, soft ride, not exactly what I would call a down and dirty work truck and I would personally be far to worried about damaging it and/or voiding its warranty. Like I said multiple times, I have never plowed and don't think I'll ever have to if I stay here in NC and my fears are based on horror stories told to me by others that do plow rather than personal experience and this is simply my personal opinion.
"Roy" < snipped-for-privacy@home.net> wrote in message

Don't be misled. You can put a plow on a hemi powered mega cab.

I've plowed with a 2500 QC CTD for a couple of years with no problems. I'd suggest a rear window defogger though.

Would have been perfect for a lot of people.

I'm not sure.
Roy