What kind of OBD-II

I just bought a used 03 DAK, with a 4.7, and automatic. What kind of Scanner should I get to keep track of what is going on? Where is a good place to buy performance parts to maybe get a little
more HP out of it. I would like to make it run like my 96, 5.2 if I can. My first stop will be the muffler shop to improve the exhaust, what do you guys suggest next. TIA, Tom

about 60%. Spray the truck with silicon, it'll make less drag, decreasing wind resistance and allow for better speed performance, even in the rain.
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
You forgot tailgate up or down, both ways are better : ). I have a 318 and I think the best way to get more power from it is to make it a 360

You can still buy Mopar 360 crate engines with somewhere around 400Hp. But, I'll still take my Turbo D over almost any gas engine..... (I have my eye on a 69 CObra GT in a small little town in central Texas. Ifn I ever win the lottery, I'm ginna buy it)
--
MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!
On Sun, 01 May 2005 11:48:08 GMT, "MoParMaN"

beekeep

MoParMaN---Remove Clothes To Reply!

also support your '96 as well I believe. I like the fact that it doesn't rely on a proprietary hardware tool that could become obsolete far more quickly than a common platform such as the palm pilot or laptop pc, plus it is well supported and reasonably priced.
AS far as performance enhancement to your rig, I am not as informed as many in this group so I'll leave that topic for the others. I would suggest investigating the dodgetalk.com site, particularly the truck engine forum regarding the engine sludge issue that people have experienced on the 4.7 from time to time, if you have not already done so.
Good luck with your new toy.
Joe Brophy CountryTech Computer email: snipped-for-privacy@spiretech.com
Suddenly, without warning, Tom R exclaimed (5/1/2005 9:35 AM):

truck On-Off-On-Off-On (I think I have this right) and it'll display any codes the computer's throwing out. Works on my 2001 Dak.
Unless a scanner does more than tell codes, never used one.
jmc