Will this Class IV Tow Hitch fit??

Hi All, thinking of moving up to a newer model 1500.
I have Class IV hitch, solid tow-neck and 10,000lb ball on a 1995 1500 SLT SWB 2WD.
I love this truck but at 200K, I am thinking of around a 2005 replacement and wondering if I should remove the hitch and use it on the new (to me) one.
I am guessing (hoping) that the chassis rails at the rear may not be that much different and save myself almost six hundred bucks by installing the old hitch.
Does anyone know if this is doable? I don't mind having to do a little cutting and welding as I have a full machine shop facilities at my disposal if needed.
Thanks
Dave
On 11/5/2013 9:20 AM, Dave, I can't do that wrote:

Dave, if you don't get an answer in this newsgroup just point your browser to http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1 and pick the correct forum. I'm sure that there are guys in the forum that can answer your question correctly.
Don
Thanks Don, I tried logging into there a few days back but it made me re-register, been a member for years. To do that I had to sit through a video ad to get the Faux Captcha answer.
I object to being forced to make money for them, so it is Usenet or nothing for my Dodge inquiries. :)
Two words come to mind, one starts with "F" and the other with "T"