Re: That's cooking!

> > Earlier this year, I was feeling real sick of food. Nothing ever sounded > > appetizing. After some thought I realized I had fallen into the > > contemporary restaurant trap. Eating in restaurants way too much and not > > taking the time to prepare meals at home. Restaurant food is

monotonous,

> boring and predictable. Think about it. > > > > Even the grocery store is a trap. Today's grocery store is stuffed full > of > > prepared food that only requires a microwave oven for heat-up. It all has > > too much salt, too much MSG and too much crud. Nothing tastes good. > > Nothing tastes like a home made meal anymore. > > > > Whatever happened to the good old days? What ever happened to cottage > > cheese lime jello that many of us had at the ubiquitous church or > community > > pot-luck dinner? What about the casseroles that you grew up on as a kid? > > What about the special cookies, pies and cakes that your mother and > > grandmothers made for you? > > > > Does a home made lemon meringue pie sound good? How about home made pinto > > beans? How about home made potato lefse (Scandinavian - similar to flour > > tortillas)? How about home made German sweet/sour cabbage, spaetzle and > > beef roulade? > > > > How about a home made cinnamon-nut muffin titled "Char's Muffins", served > > warm from the oven with plenty of butter, that simply has no

competition?

> > > What about the rice krispies/marshmallow bars that are now available in > the > > candy aisle of every grocery store and convenience store? Those things > were > > developed with a grass roots following across the country by our mothers > and > > our friend's mothers in the 1970's, not the candy company. They are > > supposed to be home made, not store bought (believe it or not, home made > > ones are actually less-sweet). > > > > I wanted to present a cookbook that reflected the tastes of my youth in > what > > was considered in the 1970's to be hearty and healthy (well, maybe not > > healthy, but certainly mainstream). This collection of more than 200 > > recipes is from my mother and it is literally the recipe file that she > > compiled over 40 plus years of marriage and 65 plus years of experience. > > > > There are more than 200 recipes in this book which cover the topics of > > breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts, snacks, ethnic cuisine from > Scandinavia, > > Germany and Mexico, food preservation (canning), dill pickles and home > made > > "Finnish cheese". This book is full of memories and new ideas for you to > > try in your home. I hope you enjoy it and that you get some new ideas > from > > it. > > > > For your copy, send $10.00 check to: > > > > Americana Cookbook > > Swefinger Enterprises > > 1150 N. Loop 1604 West, Suite 108-277 > > San Antonio, TX 78248 > > > > Swefinger Enterprises is registered in Bexar County (San Antonio) Texas > > > > Does include recipies for a fiat stilo, brava or coupe then? Or did your > mother have a fiat? Maybe you were conceived in a fiat, whatever the > connection with fiats is, I can't see it! > > Mike > >

At first Mike I too, could see no connection with fiats, but if you look closer you will find them, The $ sign, the constant mention of Mothers, the texas conection, and the fact that he should really SAFETY BELT up, shows that this chap is really off his ROCKER COVER. and needs to get his brain in GEAR, and has his 12volt WIRES CROSSED.

Reply to
mike