10 Bolt vs. 12 Bolt ?

Which one is better ? what are the pros and cons about both of them? please help me the 10 bolt is an 8.2 & 12bolt i think is 8.875

12 bolt is 8.875 dia ring gear The 71 up 10 bolt is 8.5 dia ring gear both have the same size pinion dia.
Both are fine.
: Which one is better ? what are the pros and cons about both of them? please : help me : the 10 bolt is an 8.2 & 12bolt i think is 8.875 : :
Thanks for the info Im Right No dont have a 8.5, i have a 8.2 rearend in my 1967 camaro. and i would like to know about a 12 bolt out of a 1969 camaro. can someone help me with this. chris
the 69 12 bolt (complete) is an easy couple hour swap for the old 10 bolt
: Thanks for the info Im Right : No dont have a 8.5, i have a 8.2 rearend in my 1967 camaro. and i would : like to know about a 12 bolt out of a 1969 camaro. can someone help me with : this. : chris : :

As mentioned, the 10-bolt uses smaller gears, and there were a few differen sizes for the ring gear: 7.5", 8.2", and the 8.5". The 8.5" gear is the preferred way to go if a 12-bolt can't be located, and for most purposes, is strong enough. The 12-bolt is something like 70 lbs. heavier than the 10, is rare, and is usually way more expensive.
Ken