Ultra Tiny Bulbs

Slowly but surely the OEM bulbs on my Camaro are burning out and I'm replacing them, but the ultra tiny bulb in my headlight switch area is so small Autozone doesn't carry 'em.

Other than the pricey dealership, anyone know where I can find a nano sized bi-pin bulb? I tried Radio Shack but they had only one type and when I replaced my bulb with the new one it lasted less than 60 days. HELP!

94 V6 Chick

Have you checked the "pricey dealership"?? You may be surprised. The price of the bulbs may offset the time you have spent looking for them!! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Already checked, too expensive!!!!!

PS: Need advice/suggestions not criticism

Reply to
94 V6 Chick

Criticism can come fast on this newsgroup, watch out! ;-)

Terry M.

PS ask this question on

you'll get lots of response.

Reply to
Terry

Try Radio Shack. They have some tiny 12V bulbs I've used a few times.

Reply to
JimV

I don't know how much room you have but you could take an LED and 1/8 watt reisitor and make light that would probably outlast the rest of the car for a couple of bucks.

If the base is metal, it's usually a pretty easy job. If you are handy with a soldering iron..

BDK

Reply to
BDK

This is Usenet, don Nomex undies. Instead of just whining about having to replace them and bitching about the price, ever think of checking your body grounds to see why they die so fast?

Reply to
FBR

The "Pricey Dealership". Normially Parts Departments give shops and parts re-salers a price brake. I know this week when I went to a dealer to get Gas Tank Straps for a 95 Lumina (car), they were $7.69 Each. That with them being special order items. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Try N.A.P.A. or Norhtern. AutoZone did away with the paper catalogs for bulbs. So even if they are a special order item, the empolyees will not know how to procure them.

As for Radio Shack, they are a Electronic Device & Accessiors retailer, not a electronics parts store. They used to be. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Hey "FBR" FYI this was the first time I've replaced this specific bulb you 'tard. It's lasted 11 years ya wad. I'm simply asking for some advice from other FBody owners who might know of a place to get the hard to find bulbs at a good price. What's your problem asswipe?!

BTW I'm posting on a webtv message board owned by MSN so wherever else this message posts is not my problem, s***ma breath.

Reply to
GinaC65

Geez, don't get your panties in a wad! Too often I see people looking for parts and never check the most logical place, the dealer! Sure they may not be the cheapest, but when you need a part and it seems that there are no other options the dealer may be the best option!

By the way, how expensive is too expensive?? I find it hard to believe that the dealer is too high on a bulb that you can not find anywhere else, then you said the bulb lasted 11 years. I would just bit the bullet and go to the dealer, and get on with life! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

$7.69 each doesn't seem too bad, at least you can get them! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Well ,at least you are not easily daunted and do indeed seem to have the required undergarments. In your original post you mentioned after replacement it lasted less than 60 days, now it's 11 years old? Seriously though, before popping new bulbs in clean the sockets and test them for good ground. Don't know if you have an Advance Auto/Parts America close but you might look here;

FBR

Radio Shack still carries a lot of components and small bulbs. They are in drawers in the back rather than on the wall like in the old days.

Reply to
JimV