Bulbs

What kind of headlamp bulbs does a 1990 saab 9000 take? are they H4? I'd take one ont and look only it's not here until the end of the week.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

"Mr.Nice." schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Not sure about the 1990's. Mine, a '95 CSE take H1's. Using every day and after 12000km or 8000 miles there gone. Rather quick? I presume.

Erik

Reply to
Erik de Fotograaf

It can be H4 or H1 depending if it is the original style front (CC) or newer style front (introduced on the CD body style). I don't know exactly when the changeover was done. It is easy to check: if one reflector is used per side for both low and high beam then two H4 bulbs are used. If two reflectors are used per side, one for low beam and one for high beam, then four H1 bulbs are used.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

For those following along at home, it also depend on where you are!! Headlamps vary by country. But I guess by the ".uk" in the OP's address you knew where he was...

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Twas Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:19:30 -0500 when "Fred W." put finger to keyboard producing:

I should have mentioned where I was. If all things go to plan we should have it tomorrow or over the weekend, I'll then take a look and see what bulbs she needs.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Yes. A .uk address, and also asking if it was H4, was a sure sign he was looking at a car with real headlamps, not the "broken by design" headlights attached to cars intended for the "other" market (where most drivers have no idea what H4 is).

Reply to
Goran Larsson

Twas Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:46:14 GMT when snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid (Goran Larsson) put finger to keyboard producing:

Where are most of you here from? are you spread far and wide?

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Mr.Nice.

Well, my newsserver probably shows up with a .de address, but I'm rather far west of there, so that's not a real good indicator either. Always helps to ask if they don't say.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You have .net in your From: and the it is well known that the german news server is very popular.

In this case it was very obvious. The original poster did have .uk addresses in his signature and wrote H4 in the text. What is the probability of someone from overseas doing that?

Had the original poster used some other address or mentioned 9003 and 9004 bulbs my answer would have been different.

Reply to
Goran Larsson

YES

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

But, my Organization: header and others show the .de address, and so on. But yes.

Well... my '65 96 has H4 bulbs, as did my '88 900T, so probably not too absolute.

I'm not criticizing your answer by any means, I was more commenting on the frequent need for being specific with stuff like this. Heck, half the time we can't even agree on what side of the car the steering wheel is on!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Mine's on the right side, I can't help it if yours is on the wrong side! :)

What is worth noting is mentioning where something is, saying "drivers side" really doesn't scope well.

David.

Reply to
David Taylor

We can stretch this wordplay further... Mine's on the left side and where I drive most, that happens to be the right side.

Fortunately my steering wheel is at the drivers side.

----- MH '72 97 '77 96 '78 95 '79 96 '87 900T8

Reply to
MH

Yea, My steering wheel in on the Drivers Side Two.

2, 92 9KCDT, His & Hers

Bob

Reply to
ROBERT JOHNSON