94 and warn hubs

Greetings I have a94 with about 225000 on it still going strong however the hubs do not engage anymore. One of the ears on one of the cams has broken off. Since individual parts are not available from Ford is it better to just switch to manual warn hubs. And if so how easy or difficult is it I have been doing the brakes myself since the beginning so dissassembly reassembly are no problem. Also when i look in catalogs the warn hubs show an installation kit that is sepparate but my local parts guy says it is included in the price of the hubs anyone know which it is?

Thank you in advance

Reply to
Kelly Zimmerman

Normally I ask questions in this group but this time I'll put my 2c in. The best thing I ever did to my explorer (1991) is put Warn manual hubs on. A Bonus that I was not aware of, Is that you can lock them and still use the 4x4 button to activate and de-activate 4x4. Engagement is a sure thing, on both wheels not hit and miss like my autos were.

Reply to
Luigi Marazzi

Never installed them, but when I inquired about Warn hubs for my '94 I was told that I needed an axle code off the front diff. Seems '94 was changover year between small and large axle stubs (?). After cleaning & lubing my autolockers are still alive at 150K miles. BTW - Ford wanted $260 *each* for the hubs!!!

Mike

Reply to
Mike