AM radio query

I have a 1997 Limited with the JBL radio system. I listen to WJR Detroit radio quite often, but sometimes I get unwanted noise from the right side speakers because this station is AM Stereo. I can't see where I can switch off the stereo to mono.

Does anyone know if there is a button combination that will make an AM stereo station mono?

Thanks

Reply to
budman

Good question.

IMO, AM Stereo has some somebody, somewhere, laughing their (rich) butt off. What a stupid idea. AM is the realm of talk shows, not music, so why stereo? All that it's done is make it a lot more difficult to listen to a weak station. Today's car radios have pretty lousy sensitivity on the AM band anyway. The extra cost for stereo would be much better spent on a better RF section. I miss the old Delcos from the '60s with the 5-gang ferrite tuner sections. Those were some great receivers. I even have difficulting receiving the local 50KW AM station from some parts of town, and have repeatedly not been able to hear it at all from ~60 miles away out of town, yet an FM station at the same location would come in loud and clear. Go figure.

I'd sure like to turn off the stereo on the AM, but I don't know of anyway to do that.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

Precisely. That's what drives me nuts. Thanks for your comments.