Keypad Master code

I purcjhased a used 03 Mountaineer and do not want to spend $105 to have dealer tell me the code for the keypad. Is this hidden anywhere on the vehicle?

Reply to
Tom

YEs it is on a label on the "brain". This module should be located in the left rear compartment.Open the compartment look forward just about over the center of the wheel well, that silver and white module is what your looking for. On there is a sticker with a set of numbers on these number SHOULD be your access code.

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher1

This was true for older Moutaineers and Explorers, but newer ones use a different type of security module that is located in a different place. I've heard it said that these newer modules do not include the "master" code on a label. They are reprogrammable and are originally programmed with the default code when the vehicle is assembled. The older modules had the code hardwired in using resistors.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

I apologize, I didn't realize that they changed the location.

Thanks for the corrrection

Searcher1

Reply to
Searcher1

But the key point is - you do not have to remove the door to change it. Find another dealer, quick!

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

Remove the door??? Where on earth did that come from?

Reply to
Jim Warman