New Spark Plugs

At what mileage should spark plugs be changed on a 2003 Mountaineer V8? Currently I am at 70K miles and I seem to recall that someone said they are hard to remove at the recommended 100,000 miles. Outta I do this now or just wait?

Reply to
Daniel David Palmer

They are hard to get out at any mileage - on my SOHC the pass firewall one was impossible. I ended up at the dealer for this one as they had the right tools and the price wasn't bad in a "tune-up package". I'd stick with the owners manual recommended and leave them for now...

Reply to
Al Williams

I changed the plugs on a SOHC V-6 last summer - not too bad once I remove the right front tire and went at it through the wheel well (as the manual recommended).

If he has a 4.6L V-8, well that is a different animal. I'd definitely find a good shop and pay them to do that one.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White