Throttle Cable

I'm trying to revive a 94 explorer whose throttle cable seems to be stuck full-throttle (high rpms). I noticed that the springs by the gas pedal have no effect. I try grabbing the cable with a pair of pliers and pushing them towards the firewall.

Can I pull the cable from the carburetor side? I can't seem to find them, are they buried under a shroud?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Saycoda