02 Taurus AC fan

My automatic climate control hvac fan works intermittently. I start the car, then the fan tries to come on, it puffs and puffs, finally it runs. It
acts like the power is being switched on and off.. Its getting worse as time goes on. What could the problem be. Help.

It's most likely the fan motor itself.. Plenty of taurii in the scrapyards.
Unless they've all been raided by the 5.0 guys who want to do away with the belt-drivens
It not my radiator fan its my ac blower motor. Sorry for not being clearer. Also once it starts running its fine.

@prodigy.net says...

It's easy to get at. It's on the passenger side. Just drop any cover above the footwell. I think it is held in with 3 screws. There is one connector and a vent tube, too. You can double-check the connector, and drop the fan to see if it's stiff to turn or something got inside.
The auto-climate fan runs off of a special controller, not the resistor-pack like a normal fan. That could be the problem, also.
Andrew Rossmann wrote:

All that current draw weakens the blower power connection over time. A fix: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/article67.html