1967 Mustang question

I have a 1967 Mustang, 289 Convertible on which the gauges all have suddenly become pegged hard over as soon as I turn on the ignition.
I have replace the voltage regulator, and still get the same results. With
the voltage reg disconnected, I still get the same results.
Every thing works except not knowing haw much gas, or what the temp is, etc.
Any suggestions on where else to trouble shoot would be appreciated.
Thanks
Matt
behind the dash, there is a constant voltage regulator. it cuts the voltage for the gauges down to around 7 volts. change that, and you should be back in business.