1989 ranger

can someone give me some input on a problem i am haveing on a 1989 ford ranger v6 heres the problem. the curise control jerks when going down the road at any speed it seems to hve a hard time maintaining a constance speed. also when i am driveing down the road and i let off and then gas it theres is a clunk. i am thinking ring and pinion slop. when i run the engine and put the automatic tranny in reverse and then to drive theres a clunk. but i checked the universal joints there good but seem like driveshaft turns alot before read end stops it. could ring and pinion cause the curise control to act like i described thanks eric

Reply to
ewa

Have you looked at the motor mounts?

CJB

Reply to
CJB

I remember a while back we had a ranger in the shop that had a clunk when going into reverse. after checking everything very closely it was the driveshaft. There was an updated driveshaft for it available from Ford and it fixed it. Please note above.."after checking everything". Not likely a little slop in the drivetrain would cause the cruise to go goofy though.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman