1994 Escort 1.6 L rev counter?

As this car didn't have a rev counter as standard, can I simply get a set of clocks with a rev counter and connect them up, or would I need to do any
extra cabling?
Cheers.
Kontaminator wrote:

If you mean a tachometer, there are many companies that make these, and they are almost always electrical - they count ignition coil pulses or such.