rev counter

Can a rev counter be fitted to an F reg LWB 110 ?

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

Petrol or diesel?

Reply to
EMB

The answer is surely yes in either case, but whether it's actually worth doing financially may be a more relevant question! TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Spark ingnition revcounters are an off-the shelf item ex-Halfrauds etc.

Diesel rev counters are a little more exotic. I looked at fitting one to my RRC with Pegeout 2.3 TD engine; IIRC an electronic revcounter required an alternator with a 'W' terminal, which I didn't have.

It was 'fairly' straightforward (and cheap as it was homebrew) to go down the optical system using a reflective patch on anything which rotated on the engine. I didn't pursue it (a) because of the problems of calibration and (b) because I sold the RRC.

HTH

Richard

Reply to
Richard

My 300TDi disco takes the feed off the alternator. Depending on your alternator, that may be a route for you.

Regards Graham Carter

Reply to
Graham Carter