rev counter

my new (ish) alternator has an output for a rev counter. could I fit one of those td5 rev counters to run from the alternator output? if so is the rev range of my 1984 2.5 na diesel similar to the td5?

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Rev range will be similar, but calibration is the issue - the alternatoirs are probably not geared the same relative to the crankshaft speed. That said, most alternator sensing tachometers have some sort of calibration adjustment on them.

Reply to
EMB

Twas Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:03:25 +1200 when EMB put finger to keyboard producing:

probably worth a fiddle then, cheers.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Reply to
Tom Gilmour

I was just about to ask if this is the one the OP was asking about.

If it is then it is supposed to work fine with the later alternators. I've had one sitting in its box for about ten months now waiting to be fitted to my 300Tdi 110. You have to lose the clock on mine and shift the fuel and temp gauges along to make way for it.

When I got mine the guys at lowtension were very helpfull on the 'phone, might be worth giving them a call.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Twas 7 Sep 2004 07:52:03 GMT when Simon Barr put finger to keyboard producing:

dropped them an email, see what they have to say.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.