1998 Wondstar Front end klunks

My 98 Windstar Klunks extremely badly in the right front end during stop and go, turning, and reversing. I went to the Dealer and they said nothing's wrong. I went to Sears and they said Tie-Rod. I walked away, because the
dealer said nothing was wrong. Has this happened to anyone else?
Any suggestions?
Joe
Joe,
Have them check the sub frame bushings. They will make a noise under the floorpan, just below your feet.
Also have them check where the radius arm goes into the subframe. Seen lots of problems needing welding in that area of the subframe. Usually the pass side.
John

and
PC PODD wrote:

I would also make sure the motor mounts are intact.
Bob
Great! Thanks for your advice.
Joe

and
just had that problem on my windstar,clunking,sounding like always on a gravel road,thumping like a bad tire,slight pulling in steering wheel at times,extreme noise from passenger side front,after several times inspecting and finding nothing wrong and things tight a friend who works at a dealership pin pointed the problem,it wound up to be a worn burnt front bearing ,these are one piece pressed in bearings that the whole front hub has to be taken down to get to,not only was the bearing trashed but the shaft on the hub itself had grooved and had to be replaced,upon changing the whole trouble stopped.

Tie-Rod Ends. . . . .

and
I had similar trouble and it was a bad control arm bushing about 200.00 repair
On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 20:05:48 -0700

Do It Now -- Because Today is Tomorrows History
(Registered Linux User #278917) -- Vince Jenkins
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:54:03 -0400, vince jenkins

I have the same problem and the mechanic tested all the rod ends and they were stiff ie. no movement. You only hear it while driving oven irregular surfaces or moving away from a stop. It was then seen by a former ford mechanic and he said it was the ends of a balance rod which is a vertical rod behind the tire area. The ends need to be replaced. Since I just had all my shocks and struts changed including new tires this will have to wait a little. He also mentioned that it would not affecting any other areas for the time being. ChkMte55