2001 Focus 1.8l Diesel

2001 Focus 1.8l Diesel - European [ Spain]
The car has an multipin socket under the dash, next to the fuse box. The socket looks like the pix I see on the net for an OBD connector.
I see that compliance with OBD for diesel engines was mandatory after 2003
How can I determine which system [ OBD] will work with this 2001 motor?
Any help much appreciated. John Hewitt, Malaga, Spain