2003 Ford Taurus Transmission Fluid Temperature

I have been having issues with my Taurus. No physical symptoms, other than an occasional Tranny Warning light flashing (Gear with ! on dash). It never seems to happen when the tranny guy has the vehicle
connected to his computer monitor and there are no stored codes for him to read.
I recently went out and purchased one of those Scan Gauge units for monitoring my gas mileage. I noticed that there are a few Tranny stats that I can grab and display real-time. One of those is transmission fluid temp, which is one of the suspects the tranny guy has mentioned.
What I need to know is what is the acceptable (safe) range of transmission fluid temps on my car. I can see the current temp, but it is meaningless to me if I don't know what the high part of the acceptable range is. Thanks in advance for any assistance anybody can lend here.
Enquiring minds want to know... is it "no codes" or "no useful codes" ... If you have a light - you have a code.
TFT will be pretty close to EOT and ECT....

Thanks for your response. It is not the check engine, it is the tranny light. There are no codes. Period. I was watching the ScanGauge TFT and it was running pretty steady between 90 and 120 and there was no flashing tranny light. Then out of nowhere, it jumped to around 8100, 2 seconds later, the light flashed and kept flashing for a few moments. It then dropped and bobbed around 5, and then the light went out, and then it went back range around 100.
I am starting to think that I have a bad temp sensor in the tranny. From what I understand (and correct me if I am wrong), it requires a major labor effort to address this problem. I am not sure what to do. Any advice or other thoughts?