2005 Escape Fuel Filler Pipe Problem

I have a 2005 Escape with a fuel filler pipe problem. When I pump fuel, it backs up so that it is really difficult to fill the tank. When the car was new, there was no problem.
Is this part of the emmisions system (which means its still under warranty)?
IIRC, there is a TSB on the EVAP cannister that addresses this condition... yes, it should be covered under the emissions system warranty BUT this may be open to interpretation.... We have seen a couple of these that have been loaded up with mud underneath betond belief... Warranty can only go so far towards covering unexpected conditions.
I hope things work out well for you...

Where is this canister located Maybe I should look at it and make sure it isn't caked with mud before I bring it in for service.
Thanks for your reply.
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 05:02:23 GMT, "Jim Warman"