99 ford marquis stalls after it reaches higher speeds

car runs great but after it reaches the last gear and is up to speed you can not get any power out of it untill you reduce speed to around 25 miles an hour, then you can feel what seems to be shifting down
(very sight) and you can get on it till you feel the shift then nothing.
message

--
SC Tom

replying to SC Tom , billvelle wrote:

yesterday. that was the first thing I thought of. checked tranny fluid too, but tranny not slipping. Car does not die, it just wont get any rpm's after it shifts, until you slow down to 25 or so mph. Got me stumped. Thinking csp sensor?
replying to billvelle, billvelle wrote:

control. when they changed the tire the car automaticly switched to this "safe" position. It is running great now. ha
message

Thanks for posting the answer; someone else later on might have the same problem, and search for the fix here :-)
--
SC Tom

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 16:18:01 +0000, billvelle

What the heck does that traction control do, and why/how does changing a tire affect some button in the glove box? That sounds pretty bizarre to me!
replying to fordowner , billvelle wrote:

The traction control is for when your are in bad weather to keep safe speed under slippage and for when you use a dounut as to not ruin your vehicle or car.If you ask me it is bizarre and useless.
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 03:19:30 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@web.com wrote:

I wonder if there was a mix up in communication there. I had a Crown Vic with the air bag suspension and you were supposed to turn it off before jacking the car up. Perhaps the switch was not for traction control but was for the air bag system and maybe the computer is programmed to not let the car go over 25 mph when the system is turned off. I can certainly imagine a situation where a line or bladder breaks and you would want to turn it off so the pump doesn't burn out but then you would not want people driving it around at speed with the axle sitting on the stops.

WTF. Are you saying the air bag could open from jacking the car up?
Thank God I have older vehicles without all the crap.
replying to generic , billvelle wrote:

that makes more sense, all i know is you push that button in the glove box and the problem goes away