Are the 98 Mystique/Contour's any good?

My daughter is thinking of getting one. Is there any major weakness in these cars I should be aware of. Any suggestions fo rother years.
Thanks,
Norm

I have a 97 Contour; I love it. I don't have that many miles on it though, only 105,000. So far, no major problems. A mechanic friend of mine says they regularly go to 200,000+ mi.
Jeff

I have a 2000, SE Sport. V6, 5 speed. It's a very good car.
Al
Thanks for your comments. I have a line on a 98 Mystique with 79,000 km for $7000 Cdn. Roughly 48,000 miles & $5000 US. Includes new tires. Hopefully the mechanic gives it a go!
Thanks again,
Norm

Sounds excellent. If I were in the market, I would consider a used Contour (hopefully with the V6 and a standard tranmission and sun roof and AC).
Jeff

Unless you know where you can still buy a new '98 the experances of others, good or bad, with the ONE they owned is useless. I would have a competent technician drive and examine the ONE you are looking at and take HIS advice.
mike hunt