Can Anything Stop Toyota?

Page 12 of 16  
wrote in message


Nice try. I dont buy it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Thomas Moats wrote:

Uh, Thomas. You need to keep your adversaries straight here. I was the "cool and collected" poster.
But, since you brought it up, I had said it was a flooded road in which his vehicle stalled. I'm guessing you assumed it was a fast flowing current. It was not. The fellow was in no real danger unless, perhaps, he was a midget who knew not how to swim. But, what the hell do I know?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Took that out of context. I did not say Philip wrote that, nor did I confuse between you or he. I did assume that he may have followed the posts.

I know it was a flooded road I believe you said that originally. You also tried to make the "event" more dramatic than it really was.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Thomas Moats wrote:

Silly me. I did not realize you were trolling. You got me fair and square. Your point.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
this is a ford newsgroup .we do not give a flying @#$% about toyotas here
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Whom did they admit that to??? What else did you expect, the truth, like going at 85MPH is a very safe speed to go at without the slight effort on either you or the car, besides shortening the trip? ;-)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In

Well Neo.... WHO put the RED LIGHT on them and wrote the ticket? That would be my first guess. LOL Neo, did you happen to read my description of the southbound side of Cajon Pass? You lose about 2,100 feet in elevation in 5 miles. Put your car in Neutral and coast up to 65 mph.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

But it's nonsense to state that one didn't notice the speed one was going at, as if one wasn't aware that that a car accelerates down hill... You're taking lame excuses to avoid admission of guilt as your rationale...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In

Neo... it happens. People in luxury cars, large SUVs ....traveling downhill in a crowd with the stereo ON or a wireless phone stuck to their head ... distractions of this kind. The Herd.
The person in the article admitting he/she (I don't recall) just got caught up in the flow could very well have been making an honest admission for the speed infraction.
BTW, for clarification, whatever the reason for stating a lapse in attention to speed, the driver made it.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Again, you take a lame excuse as if it had been the sworn truth. After all, who wouldn't carry a Bible in the car just to be sworn by an officer in case one is stopped for speeding?

Yawn...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In

You don't seem to understand why drivers say the things they do while under stress. In fact dear Neo, all excuses that fail to get you off the hook are .... "lame." But some are funny.
--
* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yet, shouldn't be used as an explanation of a fact. Excuses are by definition a lie.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In

Meriiam-Webster: Excuse: 1)An apology (is that always a lie?), 2)A pardon, 3)To release from obligation, 4)Justify.
Now Neo.... everytime you offer an excuse, is it also a lie? What is your excuse! ;-) Such a cynic.
--
* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Are you ignorant or what? Perhaps you're not able to grasp the semantic difference, but when someone offers an excuse to an officer it's not a synonym for apology, a pardon, a release from an obligation. It's only an attempt to justify a mistake and not take responsibiulity for one's actions.
Only you to resort to a dictionary...
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In

It can certainly be all those things. You nor I know the tone with which the words were uttered.

I would not say an excuse is "only an attempt to justify a mistake" in the motorist's case. An admission and explanation of guilt.

Such is my excuse. Is it a lie? ;-)
--
* Philip

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Philip wrote:

The one fellow in the Barrera article cited for doing 101 MPH and claimed: "I didn't even notice, because the music was on, I was dialing numbers on my phone and was switching lanes," is attempting to nominate himself for a Darwinian award. Unfortunately, when he performs his self inclicted coup d'grace he will proably take innocents with him.
And, incidentally, I've been up and down the Grapevine countless times and never once was oblivious to my speed. In fact, going down, I'm even more conscious because of the line of semi's to the right geared down to 20 MPH.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In being of bellicose mind posted:

The Tejon Pass (aka Grapevine) is a steeper downhill to Wheeler Ridge. The narrow pass with its steep walls is a visual factor quite absent at Cajon Pass.
IN my early days of truck driving, I smoked the brakes a couple of times decending Grapevine and blew a service pressure line to the trailer once. Each time of course, was with the truck scaled out between 75k to 80k lbs. That experience will give you religion.
Remember that cop show (Highway Patrol?) when a CHP got in front of a runaway semi going down Grapevine and succeeded in slowing or stopping the truck by letting the truck butt up against the rear of the patrol car? LOL That was Hollywood BS if ever there was such an example.
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Philip wrote:

Can't say I remember it. I sure hope no fools tried it because they saw the episode.
A passenger vehicle in front of runaway semi has two options: 1. Get the hell out of the way 2. Get flattened
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Philip wrote:

So if a few icebergs were to melt, Florida would be gone! Hey, Florida in comparison makes Mikes state of PA actually look mountainous like he mentions with a few bumps reaching 3,000 ft or so.

--








SENATOR ZELL MILLER DEMOCRAT OF GEORGIA, the nation's most prominent
conservative Democrat, said today he will endorse President Bush for
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In being of bellicose mind posted:

For what Florida lacks in INTERESTING elevation, drivers have to make up for with straight line speed or 'g' forces. LOL
--
~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.