Codes

this has been going on for some time now, the Check engine light comes on at different times. I will be on the freeway and it will go on for a few minutes and then it goes out. When I get near a place to have it checked
( the code taken) the light goes out. I don't suppose the codes are recorded in the computers memory for extraction are they?. I have a 93 Ford Taurus GL. The only clue I can give is that the car uses more fuel that it use to. I get approx. 21 mi or less. The car had a recent tuneup new wires plugs and cap. It runs pretty smooth. I had the head gaskets replaced in July and new timing chain and tensoner.
I don't know how to get the codes if the engine light doesn't come on.
Kevin
http://www.dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html goe to this site follow instructions on how to pull codes. worked great for me.
--
Skidflap

Then get the proper manual and read up on it.