Did Ford make an Escort in 2001? or switched to Focus

Is there such a thing as a ford Escort 2001 in California? Or was it discontinued? Someone is trying to sell me a escort 2001, but I thought that ford switched to Ford Focus by year 2001?

Reply to
lbbs

Does the Escort 99 have the same engine as the ford focus?

Reply to
lbbs

Ford made both the escort and the focus. In fact, Ford still makes the escort ZX2.

CJ

Reply to
CJB

pretty much

CJ

Reply to
CJB

I am just talking about the regular escort, not the ZX2

Reply to
lbbs

I understand, but my answer is still correct. The Escort tho, is now relegated to initial sales to rental agencies.

CJ

Reply to
CJB

Sounds like BS to me if it's a "normal" escort. Only escorts I could find after 2000 are ZX2's only. I'd get the vin and run it through carfax.

-GV

Reply to
GlassVial

Assuming you mean 4-door sedans with automatic transmissions, they were sold primarily to fleets after the 2000 model year.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

Wrong. They were not discontinued, just sold to fleets. Any of that vintage will be "program cars."

CJ

Reply to
CJB

the the fleet? what's that?

Reply to
lbbs

Perhaps, but I'd still get the VIN and carfax it :-)

-GV

Reply to
GlassVial

A common example of a fleet would be a rental car company. Other examples would include large organizations that have lots of company cars. Police departments and taxi companies would be common examples if you were talking about Crown Victorias instead of Escorts.

Reply to
Timothy J. Lee

2002 was the last year for the Escort sedan.
Reply to
Stephan Mynarkiewicz