Don't shop at Costco. Unsafe for customers!

Ever gone inside Costco? Do you see how huge and how expansive the whole interiorior operation is? The whole building is basically a WAREHOUSE which in this case is used like a giant retail store. It's
got FORK LIFTS and endless isles stacked with various products.
Costco is unsafe on the West Coast because in earthquake country a good shaking will cause tons and tons of crates and boxes of goods to fall on top of the thousands of customers below them!!! Once this happens we will see some of the biggest law suits that this Country has yet to see!
West Coast or earthquake-less midwest. It doesn't matter, I will not step foot inside a Costco as they stack tons and tons of products so high up. Just think in the possibility that one of those wooden *pallets* breaks like a twig and 500 pounds of junk falls on top of your head. You would basically be dead when that happens.
Yes, stuff can fall in warehouses without an earthquake too. Those wooden pallets that hold everything up inside Costco do break sometimes. That is why they are wood.
East-
Please use good sense and judgement. Everywhere you go.
In addition to being incredibly brave I also have good awareness of my surroundings. I will contrinue to shop at mega warehouse. maybe even climb on stacked boxes, who know...

I suggest you don't go outside, you know you could get hit by lightning or get hit by a car, or mauled by an animal!

Good advice... guess I'll just continue to hang out at places like The Home Depot and Sam's Wholesale.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I've noticed that in Costco and other big box stores. However have no fear, I don't pay anyone for the "privilege" of spending my money in their store, particularly such a dumpy store.
On 9 Aug 2006 08:12:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Obviously you fail to make note of several factors. For example, no matter how strict the state safety regulations are, in a good earthquake, even homes and apartments buildings collapse. You also ignore the fact that COSTCO and similar facilities must meet the state safety standards. That their insurance carriers will further insist that they meet certain standards in order to mitigate damages. While you are looking at places like COSTCO, you seem to ignore places which are less obvious. Stores where the warehouse is essentially over your head but you do not realize it, multi level malls, and other situations which are so common you don't even notice. Based on the record of earthquake related injuries and deaths in California COSTCO's, etc, I believe I shall continue to shop there and save a buck or two.
--
Spike
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 12:29:15 -0700, veegerNO snipped-for-privacy@snowcrest.net wrote:

Snip a load of shite...

Or what, you wind up as a candidate for a Darwin award??

I've actually been *IN* a Costco during an earthquake, and felt safer than if I was at home... I just ducked under the first level of rack, I didn't get hit by anything, and when the shaking stopped, calmly left the building...
SteveL
and just what exactly does this idiotic ranting have to do with ford automobiles???
says...

The fancy crystal chandeliers found in all Ford dealerships might fall on you?
--
I. Care
That settles it. Air bag suits need to be invented. FORD get on it.

Nothing - He's probably the local president of the Grocery Clerks union, and he got bored. And there's nothing more fun than taking potshots at the competition.
The silly part about that - Costco is Unionized! Teamsters, among other unions in specialty departments. And they still kick ass competing with large grocery stores, and with other large local suppliers in the lines they carry.
--<< Bruce >>--
Forgot your meds again, huh???

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If this is not a joke....Seek help, you need it.

The wooden pallets do break, that's why they are wood??? Are you saying they are made of wood because they want them to break?
I agree with you Shoe, he needs help if that's the kind of logic he uses.
--
I. Care
On 9 Aug 2006 08:12:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

At least COSTCO sells batteries, tires, GPS units, tools, and other things I can use for my car. The local supermarket doesn't carry much of that stuff. And COSTCOs have been adding gas stations, too.
--
Spike