Ford Ka Radio key code entering problem

Hi all,
I have a Ford Ka car.
last week I parked the car up in my garage and never used it for 8 days, but
had left the interior light on.
so flat battery, I removed and charged the battery, and entered the radio
key code no that was written in the book supplied with the car I bought
second hand just over a year ago.
The radio is the standard one fitted Model 5000, radio and tape only.
I entered the key code from the buttons as the book directs
To press button nos 1 to 4 to set the code and then 5 to enter, and that the audio will then operate, but it does not.
It displayed wait 30 min before trying again, after the 3rd attempt.
Is there such a thing as a default no, I can use.
IF they have written the wrong code in the documents how can I get over this?
I am the genuine owner of the car, and have looked at the Ford UK web site
To see if there was any information but nothing.
I do not want to go back to the dealer, they would not even look at it when
The exhaust failed after I had done 600 miles and just said exhaust were not
Covered on used cars.
Thanks for any suggestions,
Mick.
There should be a code on the radio itself - may need to be a contortionist to find it (?). If that doesn't work and you get locked out, take the car, your title (V-5, IIRC - been a while) to a Ford dealer. Last I know, this cost 10. They will research and give you the code.