Ford reduces warranty costs by $1.2b

With new car sales dropping like the proverbial lead balloon, virtually every automaker is looking for ways to cut cost. Ford is no exception, with the Blue
Oval taking aim at its warranty costs in order to ensure a healthier bottom line. Although Ford lost more than $5 billion during the fourth quarter of 2008, [...] Read More: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-reduces-warranty-costs-by-12b.html
----------------------------------- Ford NewsHub: Latest auto news sourced from websites, portals and blogs http://www.carshops247.co.uk/news/Ford.html

Had me worried as I thought it meant Ford was reducing warranty. They actually docked the warranty costs of the past 2 years as they were 1.2 billion less than anticipated. TV news yesterday said Ford is still anticipated to seek the bailout trough in a year or less.
--
Dave

Similarities between Enron originated money crisis
That is nothing new. Ford has had a marked improvement by taking better control over the quality of parts coming from its suppliers, and making more parts in house, for the past few years.