Hatch Won't Open

I have a 2003 ford escape who's rear hatch and window will not open. I've checked the fuse and all doors seem to be on the same fuse, so don't think that's the problem. When I unlock it with the clicker it
makes no sounds at all.
I'm wondering whether anyone in this excellent goup would have any idea where to begin to resolve this problem.
tia
Peter H
Try the key.

I perhaps should have mentioned that there is no key slot in the hatch.
Peter H
snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com says...

Is there a button in the vehicle near the driver that you can operate from the drivers seat? Does it work that way?
--
I. Care

No, it doesn't work like that. There is a 'lock" and "unlock" switch on the dash, which locks and unlocks all doors. You should be able to unlock the hatch and then just go to the back door and open in... or just the glass.
Peter H
"Peter H" wrote

Don't forget to try all the various methods.
Downloaded owner's manual, page 65..... - Door key unlocking/locking - Unlocking the doors 1. Turn the key in the door cylinder to unlock the driver's door. Note: The interior lamps will illuminate, if the control on the overhead lamp is in the DOOR position, the flashers will flash twice, and the perimeter alarm system (if equipped) will deactivate. 2. Turn the key in the door cylinder again within three seconds to unlock the passenger doors, the liftgate and liftgate glass.
Page 66/67..... - REMOTE ENTRY SYSTEM (IF EQUIPPED) 1. Press and release to unlock the driver's door. Note: The interior lamps will illuminate, if the control on the overhead lamp is in the DOOR position, the flashers will flash twice, and the perimeter alarm system (if equipped) will deactivate. 2. Press and release again within three seconds to unlock the passenger doors, the liftgate and liftgate glass.