2002 Pontiac Aztec rear hatch

My rear hatch will not open with a key from the out side or by the hatch release button from within the car. Any suggestions short of destroying the hatch?

Reply to
orville

I think there was a recall on that. Call the dealer and pick their brain.

Reply to
tj

Does it make the "pop" sound as if though the latch is trying to work? When it gets cold here in Wisconsin, it doesnt work very well either. I have found that I can open it everytime when I put a small amount of pressure like I am opening the rear hatch before I use the key, then I turn the key while still lifting and it opens every time. Not with the interior button though, that is a two person operation....

Reply to
Tim N.

When you push the button to open hatch does it make a noise? "KLICK" I found that on my driveway thats on a hill, when I open the trunk it doesnt allways open on the first push. It sometimes takes a few times or a person has to be at the trunk and be ready to pull up on the lid. Hope this helps... Also has the fuse been checked and does this have a relay. There has to be a way to get to the rear wire harness and place an electrical tester on it to see if you have current on the line when you push the switch to release the rear hatch. Frank

Reply to
m715fm