New Gimmick?

Received a red postacrd in the mail today from Bay Ridge Lincoln/Mercury in Brooklyn NY. In big block letters "Urgent Recall Inspection" "CALL FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY"
I have a 1990 Grand Marquis GS 5.0 EFI. I call and give the gentleman my VIN number, which he asked for, I am told, nothing to worry about there is nothing on your vin#. BTW, he says, car running okay? Any problems? You know we can take care of any problems that you are having.
Is this what I think it is? Another BS scam that someone thought of?

I scanned it if anyone would like to see what the card looks like:
http://ronnieland.net/recall.jpg
Considering they have the Dodge side of the dealership listed as well, there is not a damned thing specific they are trying to get your attention to. They just want to use this scare tactic to get people to come in and pay $79.95 for the "recall inspection." After all, the words RECALL and URGET on a red postcard are scary!!!

Dealerships do not mail out the recall notices, the manufacturer does, and it will always contain the recall number and a brief description to what problem the recall addresses.

Thanks for the replies. Time for BBB to get an email. I can deal with advertisements but using scare tactics is beyond the limit.
reader wrote:

Just go to alldata.com and do a check on your car year to see if any recent recalls pop up.
BOB