PATS/remote entry question

another key question, I now know I need to have a locksmith/dealer program my new PATS key because I only have 1 key. What about the remote entry?,
when I get a new one can I program it like I have before using the red button or do I also need 2 remote entrys to program one?
99 windstar btw.
No
mike