Re: Detroit stuff IS crap

That may be your personal opinion but I don't see how you can come to that conclusion. GM is the number one auto manufacturer in the word, as well as
in the US. In the US no foreign manufacturer even comes close to GM sales figures. Do you think buyers are stupid?
mike

Of course not Mikey, that's why GM's market share is declining (along with the other members of the Little Three). The buyers, the ones that determine who fails and who succeeds are buying Toyota and Honda-their market share is climbing. The term "Big Three" now means GM, Toyota, Honda. After the auto talks GM will be down. Poor, poor Mikey, still in permanent denial.
If buyers of the number one seller are stupid, then there must be a lot of stupid people driving Camrys. LOL
mike

Toyota
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:11:27 -0400, "Mike Hunter"

Obviously GM does. And they've got the proof. How many people bought a SECOND Vega? I don't have the numbers, but GM does, and they were IMPRESSIVE. Same with the Olds based Deisel. And the Citation/Phoenix And how about that Cimmaron?
That said, I'm driving a Pontiac TransSport.Forth American GM I've ever owned, 5th GM period. First was a $20 '57 210, which I scrapped before I even got it on the road due to terminal body cancer. Then came the 1928 Chevy National. Second was a 1967 Chevy II - I owned it almost a week fefore selling it (for a profit). Then the British Vauxhaull HC (aka Firenza, or in ol' Limey, the "Magnum".) Bought it for $75, drove it 4 years, sold it for $700 - to a friend who drove it another 5 years. Now the "Plastic VanTastic". As with all the rest, I only own it because it was CHEEP. Paid $500 4 years ago, and put an engine in it. Hasn't been BAD, but if I wasn't able to do the repairs myself it would have put me in the poorhouse. Definietly a "Garageman's Companion"

Everything you say may be true from ones personal experience but everyone did not have that same experience. Many judge what the bought used other bough the some car used. The Jap cars of the day were as bad or worse so what the point? One can not buy those cars tokay. I owned a Toyepet they were as bad as a vehicle can get.
Todays cars are light years ahead of what was sold in the nineties, even five years ago. The fact is every manufacturer today is building good, dependable, long lasting vehicles. The only real difference is style and price. Anybody who thinks one manufacturer builds vehicles that are materially 'better' for the price does not know the vehicle business.
mike